From: Gordon,Ian [mailto:ian.gor...@edwards.boc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 9:15 AM
To: 'IEEE EMC-PSTC GROUP'
Subject: CALIBRATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF HELMHOLTZ COILS

All
I would like to construct a Helmholtz coil to perform magnetic field
immunity testing at DC frequencies and thus simulate the effect of a
permanent magnet. There are some details on construction in EN61000-4-8
which details power frequency magnetic field immunity testing within the
scope of the EMC directive. However the fields referred to are measured in
A/m, whereas I need a field of, for example, 5mTesla.
Can anybody advise me as to how to construct such a coil with a test volume
of 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5m and a field of 5mTesla?
Thanks
Ian Gordon

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/

Title: FW: CALIBRATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF HELMHOLTZ COILS

Failed to attach the file.

jgs

Jim Sketoe
M/C S106-3050