From: Cereceres, David [mailto:dcerece...@pelco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 4:11 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Cc: Toste, David
Subject: Fiber and AC mains wire runs

Hello Group,
Does anyone know of any European or North American restrictions against
running
fiber and high voltage (115-230v ac) through the same conduit entry of a
product?
I am aware of certain standards that allow running high and low voltage
wiring together,
provided the wiring has sufficient insulation.  I am also aware that fiber
jacketing is
electrically non-conductive. So would it follow that there are no
restrictions running high
voltage wiring and fiber optics together through the same conduit entry?

I have reviewed the NEC but have been unable to come to a definitive
conclusion.
Is there a European equivalent of the NEC that I could possibly reference?

Once again, your expert advice is greatly appreciated,
David R. Cereceres
Safety Engineer
Pelco
800-289-9100x3493