David:
The Insulated Conductors Committee of the IEEE has a fiber optic cables
working group that has come up with a document called "P1428 - IEEE Guide
for Installation Methods for Fiber Optic Cables in Electric Power Generating
Stations and in Industrial Facilities".
You can also check the fiber optic section of the IEEE ICC web site:
http://www.ewh.ieee.org/soc/pes/icc/ for more information as to whether this
guide has been published.

In power cable engineering, the term high voltage is used for cables rated
above 69 kV and above. Those cables employ a semiconductive jacket over the
insulation for installations that are in proximity to communications cables.
Not sure what the practice is for low voltage (115-230V ac)but the ICC
working group on fiber optic cables should be able to give you some
guidelines.

Hope it helps.

Evangeline Cometa
CSA International
Tel. 416-727-2671

This message is intended only for the use of the person or organization to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
the sender immediately by email or telephone and delete the original message
immediately.  Thank you.