From: David Sproul [mailto:david.spr...@alexanderlynn.co.uk]
Sent: 10 April 2003 11:58
To: EMC-PSTC
Subject: Russian (GOST) equivalent standards.

Dear Group,
I am trying to find out what standards a theatre lighting dimmer /
controller would have to comply with before being eligible for sale in
Russia.
In Europe we currently use EN 61000-6-1 & -3 for EMC, and EN 60439-1, EN
61010-1 and EN 60950 to cover the safety requirements.
Can anyone tell me if the Russians have direct equivalents of these
standards, or whether there is a product specific standard that they would
use?

Are there any agency requirements still exist in Russia, such as GOST, and
if so what do we have to do to meet their requirements?.

I look forward to your responses,
Best regards,
David Sproul,