So if I am worried whether the 1 us pulse width can be sustained, and I
don't know how to determine it analytically, my plan is as follows:

I put a wire probe in the room, run it to a spectrum analyzer tuned to the
transmit frequency, put the analyzer in zero span mode with a 1 or 3 MHz
bandwidth and look at the modulation waveform.  If it is significantly
longer than 1 us, I know my constructive interference path delays are
smearing the modulation away.

Comments yea or nay?

And thanks for all comments so far!