You were correct in your initial interpretation.  I am wondering if a 1 us
pulse can be established and not smeared over a longer period of time.  The
source antenna emits a coherent wave with this pulse modulation envelope,
but many different rays taking different paths converge at the receive
antenna at different arrival times.  As long as those delays are much
shorter than 1 us (path difference much less than 300 meters), the original
modulation is received.  But if delays are too long, then the pulse smears.
What I was looking for was how to relate the "smearing" to room size.  As
Mr. DeWitt pointed out, the dependence is not on room size alone, but also
on the "Q" of the room.  Since I don't know how to analytically predict any
of this, and I don't know the "Q" of the room, I was asking if the
previously submitted check seemed reasonable.