Hello,

I have a need to make radiated measurements up to 40 GHz.  I uses a low loss
cable that gives me enough dynamic range up to 18GHz.  The cable is very short
and I have to move my measurements equipment out to the antenna.  I know I
need to get a pre-amp and mixer, but what do I do about the cable loss?  I
have called many places and I cannot find good enough cable to measure to 40
GHz.  The other alternative is waveguides as I understand.  Those would, I
assume, be coupled directly to the input of the mixer.  This does not allow
for antenna height adjustments form 1 to 4m as required.  I have seen other
test reports where high frequency data was taken where the antenna was held at
about 1meter.  I can understand this since emissions will likely be very
directional at those frequencies.  Is it acceptable to make measurements with
the receive antenna at 1 meter only?

Thanks for any information you can provideā€¦

Wiz