On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:37:01 -0400,
  Jim Bacher <jim.bac...@paxar.com> wrote:

> We were reading a copy of the RoHS that we retrieved from:
>    5. Lead in glass of cathode ray tubes, electronic components and
> fluorescent tubes.
> Most component companies are now working on getting the lead out, but the
> way I read this they do not need to.  What is meant by electronic component?
> Could I call our assemblies an "electronic component" and not have to change
> anything?  Comments?  Thoughts?

I thought clause 5 excempt lead in glass of electronic components
but not excempt lead in, for example, solder in electronic components,
and we need to remove most of lead in electronic assemblies unless
it is excempted under other clauses of the Directive.

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>