From: owner-emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:owner-emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf
Of Robert A. Macy
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 8:58 AM
To: Y W Leung
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Near field H-field measurement.

Near field?!  You're way inside near field below 200KHz.
At those fundamental frequencies, you are correct.
 Magnetic fields drop at the rate of inverse cube from a
dipole.  You didn't say the size of the EUT. However, if it
is smaller than 1/5 the distance to the antenna, you can
correctly assume the "nonradiating" magnetic field is
dropping at inverse cube.

I'm reluctant to rely on any accuracy using a loop to
measure E-Field at that low a frequency.  Should use a
field probe.  The E Field should drop off as the inverse
square function.

In the range of 50-200KHz, measure E-Field and H-Field at
two distances and you should see those ratios.

            - Robert -

 http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html