Thanks John. Can you tell me if "margins" are calculated into the limits?
It seems to me that reasonable people would do this.

Bob Heller
3M EMC Laboratory, 76-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
Tel:  651- 778-6336
Fax:  651-778-6252
=========================

             John Woodgate
             <jmw@jmwa.demon.c
             o.uk>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  emc-p...@ieee.org
             emc-p...@ieee.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/02/2005 03:18          Re: Request for info on CE Mark
             AM                        penalties

rehel...@mmm.com wrote (in
<of4dfcba4f.8b0f8edb-on86257051.002a7817-86257051.002af...@mmm.com>)
about 'Request for info on CE Mark penalties', on Tue, 2 Aug 2005:
>Dave, I have been trying for some time now to find out just exactly how
>limits lines were derived. Can you point me to a study/report/data that
>can show me (or more importantly, others here at work) just how the
>limits were derived? No one seems to be able to.

Derived from a mixture of experience, experiments and theoretical
studies. I meant what I said about setting the limits so as to reduce
interference complaints to an acceptable minimum. If the number of
complaints starts to increase, steps are taken to tighten the limits.

There is less motivation to relax limits if complaints fall to very low
levels, as may happen in Europe now that immunity is controlled.

You may find this helpful:

CISPR/TR 16-4-4 {Ed.1.0} Specification for radio disturbance and
immunity measuring apparatus and methods - Part 4-4: Uncertainties,
statistics and limit modelling - Statistics of complaints and a model
for the calculation of limits.

Note 'a model for the calculation of limits'.
Deadlines are 90% of deadliness.

Instructions:  http://listserv.ieee.org/listserv/request/user-guide.html

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas             emcp...@ptcnh.net