From: Stephen Hopkins <mailto:i...@mrtestequipment.com>
To: drcuthb...@micron.com ; emc-p...@ieee.org
Cc: jestuc...@micron.com
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 9:08 PM
Subject: RE: In-house test equipment

Our understanding is that if the equipment is being shipped within the same
company…. i.e. shipping from North America factory to Europe factory…. CE
is a non issue and does not apply in this case.

However, for customs, etc. your paperwork should indicate an inter-company
shipment or transfer of equipment and NOT a sale of equipment.  If you are
selling the equipment, comments above do not apply.

Further, if the equipment was “legal” in Europe before CE regulations were
introduced… it is still “legal” there now.

CE introduction did not make equipment, produced prior to the introduction of
CE, suddenly “illegal”.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Stephen Hopkins

Mr Test Equipment

Phone 905-274-6200

E-mail i...@mrtestequipment.com

Mr Test Equipment: Your partner for used and refurbished electronic test and
measurement equipment

http://www.mrtestequipment.com

  _____