Hi Folks

I would take John's message below even further - as I think I stated
previously.

In the UK, the "Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998"
("PUWER 1998") requires that employers shall ensure that all equipment used
at work shall comply with the relevant EU directives for safety - thus the
LVD, EMC directive, etc., and actual CE Marking may/ may not be required
according to the wording of the directive in question.

PUWER 1998 is part of the set of supporting regulations for "The Safety at
Work., etc., Act 1974", which in turn is the UK implementation (in fact it
was one of the models for!) of EU Directive 89/391/EEC "The Workplace
Framework Directive". This, in turn, has many implementing detailed
EUdirectives for workplace safety.

Thus, as such, it may not matter if the item gets through local Customs, as
"taking into service" in the work environment is then subject to the latter
directive, in all its national implementations and implications (e.g. safety
standards, language of markings and instructions, etc.), that counts in the
end.

Regards

John Allen