David

You cannot self declare to the harmonised standard for class A emissions.

However as Point-of-Sale equipment is not typically domestic equipment, if
you can state categorically that this is the case, you could write a draft
TCF and ask a Competent Body to give you an opinion to clause 3.1b of the
R&TTE directive.

I successully argued a relaxation to radiated emissions requirements for a
piece of outdoor customer premise equipment tested to 301 489-4, part of
the argument involved testing some of the immunity aspects to higher
levels.

regards
Charlie

Charles Blackham