Firstly thanks for the replies re the Laplace Instruments Analyser - it looks
good value for the price.

Now, we have here a Seaward 'Screened Room', about ten years old,  which is
basically a 'tent' of metallised fabric draped over a metal framework, with a
metal floor. It was sold for emc work, has a solid-looking door, plus a
filtered mains inlet. Its about 5m x 3m x 3m, and I'd like to use it to
provide confidence that designs are well within emissions limits, rather than
try to justify things close to a limit. Its literature of the time claimed
60dB to 80dB attenuation.

But... it doesn't seem to offer much attenuation to FM radio signals!

It's only ground is via the mains inlet, i.e. not much of an rf ground.
Otherwise it's just sat on the factory floor. I have a building girder very
close by emerging from the floor - should I ground the room to that?

This might bring a smile to those lucky people out there with state of the art
anechoic chambers, but I have to use what I can!

Any thoughts?

Regards, Jeff Chambers

Jeff Chambers
Engineering Manager
System Technologies
Morecambe Road
Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 9RN
www.SystemTechnologies.com
message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: