Mike, I owe you a beer now. You just made my day. Unfortunately since we are
unlikely to ever been in the same place I'm taking it upon myself to drink it
for you too. I'll let you know if you enjoyed it. Thanks Gary

  _____

From: Mike Hurley [mailto:mikehur...@meadtest.com]
Sent: Fri 6/9/2006 9:38 AM
To: McInturff Gary; 'David Heald'; 'David Gelfand'
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: EN 301 489-1 emissions question - Euro telecom center A or B
classification?

Gary,

Your recollection is correct, Telecom centres were indeed Class B in Europe.
 It took us several years in the ETSI EE4 committee to get it changed to class
A and even then it was by the somewhat devious means of removing emission
limits from EN300 386 and instead referencing directly to EN55022.   There are
probably a few emc-pstc folk who remember the struggle.

Mike