This analysis is a good overview on requirement for connection to an IT
power system. Much better than my somewhat glib reply.

In general, I have not demanded that agency-issued certs specify IT power
in the conditions of acceptability if the construction documentation and
test data clearly indicate conformity to IT power connection requirements.
And I have never been concerned that my UL reports specifically stated for
connection to a TN power system, as there is no market for IT in North
America.

But based on Mr Gies's reply, and the marginal quality of recent agency
reports, I think that I must insist that the conditions of acceptability
for my Class II/2 products state the power systems.

I hate it when other people make me think on Fridays...

luck,
Brian

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on MCI's
Managed Email Content Service, visit http://www.mci.com.