In message
<5f5a140eb5cb094bb4d2c477c8c4ad99aa9...@sjc1amfpew04.am.sanm.corp>,
dated Fri, 29 Feb 2008, "Tarver, Peter" <peter.tar...@sanmina-sci.com>
writes:

>If the product is deployed internationally, protective earth should be
>used.  I'm not aware of anyone in the US or Canada who would
>misunderstand this term, if were not called 'ground.'

Very likely, but 'ground' is also used all over the world by technicians
whose first language is not English but who learned technical terms from
American books. They are the ones who may well be confused by 'earth'.
For very important information, please turn over.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com