Hi Tom:

Although I can't help clear the confusion in IEC 60601-2-47, there are
some IEC 60601-2-x standards that require power line magnetic field
testing at high levels.  The one that I came across was IEC 60601-2-22
(safety of infusion pumps), which required 400 A/m.
I can only assume they thought the system might be used near MRI
machines when they wrote that clause.

Consider testing at 3 A/m *and* 1 Gauss (80 A/m) in case the higher
test level is needed.

Pat Lawler

http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html