From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Kunde,
Brian
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:03 PM
To: emc-pstc
Subject: RE: Magnetic Field Meters

I have received several very useful replies so far, but I have a
question. Since the limits for low frequency magnetic fields set out by
the ICNIRP is not flat across a frequency range, wouldn't the measuring
devices have to be able to provide not only the level but also the
frequency? For instance, if a device is generating high magnetic fields
at the 3rd harmonic of 50hz, do these meters have the ability to
distinguish frequency or do they just give the highest reading such as a
power meter? Several of the meters recommended so far really don't make
this clear on their datasheet.

Thanks to all.

The Other Brian