Hi

We have been testing on a home alarm system from China. We would like to use
EN 50130 (alarms) which uses 10 v/m RF immunity test. The product is also a
SRD and is therefore under R&TTE where EN 50130 is not harmonized. For SRD EN
301 489 uses only 3 v/m.

Can it be true that you can degrade the immunity requirements of a product
just by adding a SRD function?

I know that R&TTE D accept the use of standards from the EMC D, but can we
state that the alarm standard shall be used or can they choose between the
standards?

Best regards,

Mr. Kim Boll Jensen

Bolls Rådgivning

Ved Gadekæret 11F

DK-3660 Stenløse

Phone: +45 48 18 35 66

k...@bolls.dk

www.bolls.dk

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>