For a solvent, I've used the automotive spray brake cleaner.  It's alcohol
based, with some other stuff in it.  And one of those 'scotch brite' like
scrubs can help remove and stubborn material without doing to much damage to
the surface.

The little lacy interface thingy is supposed to better than half hard metal and
stainless too. Springy, with a capital S.  Another cheep substitute and/or
manufacturing fail.
For your one time solution, take the card bracket, the "L" shaped one that gets
fitted in, off the card, or at least loosen the screws. Then with your fingers,
in a fashion that spreads the pressure across the surface of the bracket,
GENTLY bow the center outwards a small amount.  When re-assembled and fitted
back in, that bow will work as a spring, sealing to a larger degree, that gaps
that were open.  Be sure the bottom tab catches in the little socket meant for
it.
You can also find the lacy things online from those stores that supply parts to
build computers.  But I suspect the quality is dead soft metal, not the spring
originally specified.

Once we specified beryllium copper spring fingers. The price per inch was
something like $0.35 but manufacturing fournd a source at $0.07 per inch.  That
was in the first build, which got EMC tested.  Fail!  I think copper tape had
more spring than those fingers did.
Big re-work.

Attitude is Mind over Matter.

If you don't Mind, it doesn't Matter...

This email has been displayed using 100% recycled electrons and 100% pure
virgin photons.