The biggest change is a new sweep: 1.4 GHz up to as high as 6 GHz (go to
product-specific standards to determine the upper limit - protective relays
are tested up to 2.7 GHz). There is a new appendix with detailed methods
for the proper calibration of field probes. And the standard suggests doing
field calibrations at the peak level of the RF during AM modulation, e.g.,
when calibrating for 10 V/m testing, calibrate the field at 18 V/m, which
is the peak level of the RF with 80% AM modulation turned on (I have always
favored this method).

I do two additional checks not discussed in the standard: 1. I use the
uniform drive level method of field calibration. After the calibration, I
compare the drive level used during the calibration to that obtained from
the 16-point calculation (for most points, the resultant drive from the
16-point calculation is lower than the uniform drive used for the field
calibration); 2. Using the drive table obtained from the 16-point
calculation, I make a power measurement at the output of the power
amplifier to make sure the output power is comfortably within the maximum
capability of the amplifier.

Donald Borowski
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
Pullman, WA, USA

             IUnwin@SERVOMEX.C
             OM
             emc-p...@ieee.org         emc-p...@ieee.org
                                                                        cc

             08/05/2008 09:13                                      Subject
             AM                        BS EN 61000-4-3:2006

Dear Group,

I notice that the above standard has recently been amended. Can anybody out
there please give me an idea as to which of its many clauses have been
changed?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Ian Unwin

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org