In message <493262ac.08486e0a.6911.6...@mx.google.com>, dated Sun, 30
Nov 2008, Scott Xe <scott...@gmail.com> writes:

>Sorry to bother you again.

It's OK.

>Could you please advise the exact meaning of .."ordinarily intended for
>domestic use"....?  I am uncertain if "domestic use" refers to
>household vs commercial or industry use,

Yes, but not exactly 'vs' ('versus'). The inclusion of 'ordinarily'
means that the plugs and sockets are 'intended for use in the home', but
removes any implication that the plugs and sockets are not also used in
commercial and industrial premises.

>or local use vs oversea use in terms of these UK regulations
>interpretation.

No.

Probably. The trouble is that unless a word is specifically defined in a
Regulation, only a British court of law can decide what it means!

The word 'domestic' in British English almost always means the same as
'household' (which is the preferred word that avoids the confusion that
you mention) or 'home', but in USA it does very often mean 'in the USA'.
In British English, we often use 'national' for that concept.
Either we are causing global warming, in which case we may be able to stop it,
or natural variation is causing it, and we probably can't stop it. You choose!

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>