Perhaps I should  talk about over-reliance or exclusive reliance.  There
are too many test personnel who, relying on software and firmware,  do not
understand what the tests they perform need or do, or more than how to push
buttons and press keys.

Of course, I also use spectrum analyzers and receivers that do not identify
overload and I consider the built-in warnings of newer equipment a
convenience which should not be ignored.  Even so, if a tester doesn't know
what a warning implies, we end up with mistakes; back end overload and
front end overload (one receiver's warnings) call for different
caused by transient limiter clipping of out-of-band signals?

Don't get me started on my car's Check Engine light.

Regards,

Cortland Richmond KA5S
cortland.richm...@ge.com
Opinions not those of my employer