In message <76d5e4a4-520c-4150-aeba-d875e4074...@aol.com>, dated Wed, 17
Feb 2010, Derek Walton <lfresea...@aol.com> writes:

>Ed. Your last para opens speculation that the end result might have
>been intentional.

There do seem to be some very odd features about this incident. Why
wasn't the CHP officer making the 911 call, instead of the hysterical
person who did?

However, that is beside the point. Now that the focus has turned to EMI
being involved, and the practical impossibility of testing for all
conceivable EMI threats, I think we are looking towards a *mechanical*
emergency throttle closer and/or fuel cut-off. It seems to me that this
would not be costly to add to the vehicle. More, perhaps, to the point,
it could very substantially reduce the cost of EMC testing, to not more
than about double what seems to have been the norm for some
manufacturers up to now.
I should be disillusioned, but it's not worth the effort.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>