It is my understanding that the following terms apply. If not, please
elaborate/correct.

Braid - bare small gauge wires woven into a general hollow tube shape,
intended to be used as shielding

Ribbon - flat shape, multiple conductors insulated from each other, solid
or [7? wires bare fibre wires?] to make each conductor.

Solid Ribbon - flat shape, multiple conductors insulated from each other,
solid wire conductors.

Is this right?

Robert

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html