In message
<2AA8A4298DECF8469C66C8F3A2B9589201E390AF@GB02QEX01PEDV27.rmhost1.local>,
dated Fri, 2 Oct 2009, "Gordon,Ian" <ian.gor...@edwardsvacuum.com>
writes:

>More specifically, our product standard EN61326-1:2006

Do you mean by 'our' that you are involved in the standards work on
61326, or that you cite it on DoCs?

>refers to the older versions of the harmonics and flicker standards and
>I am trying to determine whether we need to update our measurement
>equipment at this time. However I can see that when the product
>standard is revised (again!) we will probably have to do this.

If there are dated references in clause 2 of 61326, they should be
updated to refer to the latest versions, regardless of whether that
makes a difference or not. However, updating is essential only if there
IS a difference.

Note that this applies to 61326 as a product EMC standard. For other
types of standard, the relation between dated references and update
requirements may be different. This is a developing subject within IEC.
Things can always get better. But that's not the only option.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>