From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Price,
Edward
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 6:26 AM
To: EMC List Server
Subject: RE: Ring Of Fire? Cell Phone Turns On Oven - Popcorn II?

I wonder if Andrei normally leaves his cell phone balanced between two
of the cooktop burners?

OTOH, I would expect to see 5 to 10 V/M at two meters distance from a
cell phone, so at a half-meter or less, I would be surprised to NOT see
some interaction.

And then, on yet another hand, proximity of cell phones should be
expected for household systems. If your system just happens to be a
controller that regulates watering, flame cooking, microwave cooking,
radiant heating, etc; you should verifying that immunity doesn't create
a safety hazard. An appliance manufacturer shouldn't kid themselves that
slapping a microprocessor into a gas oven doesn't create risk that isn't
addressed by safety standards that were written for manual appliances.

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com     WB6WSN
NARTE Certified EMC Engineer
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Applications
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780
Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

Graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. can be posted to that
URL.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html