From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Tyra, John
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 7:34 AM
To: 'Ron Wellman'; 'peterh...@aol.com'; 'emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org'
Subject: RE: Mandatory NRTL certification

While there are no Federal laws requiring NRTL certification and marking of
electronic products there are laws in 16 States which require an NRTL mark for
mains connected electronic products...and laws in 4 other States which specify
consumer products only. CEA commissioned a State survey, which was updated in
2010, which outlines the legal requirement or lack of for all 50
States...........