Hi Brian,

I find the claim of those senior design engineers suspect, which in my opinion
appears to be self-serving. And, referring to "compliance people" in that way
reminds me that the rift between design and compliance still exists, even over
many years. But if, in fact, those compliance people were not requiring those
things, they would certainly not be effective and would not be taking their
responsibility seriously or seriously enough. As a curiosity, what is the
validity of what those design engineers are claiming? Or, is it just so much
rhetoric?

So, I recommend that you hold fast against the hordes. In my opinion, I suggest
you tell them either FUGETABOUTIT or  KWITCHEBELIAKIN. Maybe John could impart
some British witticisms here.

Please note that my employer expects me to do my job effectively and my
responsibilities at least include those processes you've outlined below. Please
also find my comments below.

IHTH.

Best regards,

Ron