In message <b7f552a0b5f127469b900605a0827bdb2df...@p3pwex2mb012.ex2.secureserver.net >, dated Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Ron Pickard <rpick...@equinoxpayments.com> writes:

So, I recommend that you hold fast against the hordes. In my opinion, I suggest you tell them either FUGETABOUTIT orĀ  KWITCHEBELIAKIN. Maybe John could impart some British witticisms here.

I'm fresh out of Wittish Briticisms. But I know how to resolve the conflict between Design and Compliance. However, no CEO will understand it or implement it. Call me Cassandra!

What you do is make the design team leader *responsible*for the compliance of the design. He/she doesn't do the tests but has to understand the standards that apply enough to assess the test reports and sign them off.

That not only resolves the conflict but, if the design team leader has a brain cell, he/she makes sure, as far as possible (easier for safety than EMC) that the design is compliant *before* Compliance formally get their hands on it, thus saving $10000000 in re-work.
If 'QWERTY' is an English keyboard, what language is 'WYSIWYG' for?

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>