I dimly remember the LED forward voltage voltage varies with temperature.

I think you definitely will need a currrent source.

I think the LEDs must all be connected in series.
Do you have LEDs that can carry 3 Amps?

2 serial strings in parallel should also be possible, but then the LEDs
must be selected  and matched for forward voltage at a given current,
otherwise they will have different brightness and efficiency

Regerds

Rene Charton

             "ce-test,
             qualified testing
             bv - Gert                                                  To
             Gremmen"                  <k...@earthlink.net>,
             <g.gremmen@cetest         <emc-p...@ieee.org>
             .nl>                                                       cc
             Sent by:
             emc-p...@ieee.org                                     Subject
                                       RE: LED Chamber Lighting - drivers
                                       outside the chamber
             03/01/2013 10:49
             PM

I am building some new 4 x 100 Watt LED
luminaires supplied by 35 Volts DC @ 3 Amps.
I'll LED you know my experiences in a few weeks....

I will try using a voltage stabilizer first.
If the terminal voltage varies much with temperature
a current driver approach may be necessary.

These 10x10 LEDS start at 28 Volts and draw
full current at 37 Volts, and create an awful lot light.

Regards,

Ing.  Gert Gremmen, BSc

g.grem...@cetest.nl
www.cetest.nl

Kiotoweg 363
3047 BG Rotterdam
T 31(0)104152426
F 31(0)104154953

�� Before printing, think about the environment.