I don't think 1 or 2 MOhms will make much difference for one second application of ESD pulses.

Tc = RC = 10**6 x 100*10**-12 = 10**-4 seconds (100 pF estimated, not calculated between HCP and GRP. Even 10X that capacitance would still yield a Tc of 1 ms, or 2ms for 2MOhm).

Doug
    ___          _       Doug Smith
     \          / )      P.O. Box 60941
      =========          Boulder City, NV 89006-0941
   _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 702-570-6108/570-6013
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org