From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Ken Wyatt
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 1:40 AM
To: Bill Owsley
Cc: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] test setup for table top ungrounded equipment 61000-4-2
IEC:2008 figure 6 page 20

I wrote an article on testing ESD simulators and mentioned the variability,
especially for air discharge. There will also be variability between
manufacturers and between test setups. I guess that's why contact discharge was
developed. The article may be downloaded from here:

http://www.tmworld.com/design/design-and-prototyping/4380116/Check-ESD-simulators-first

The article refers to a presentation by Greg Senko and I with more detail on
the variability (approach and angle of approach). The link in the article isn't
correct, but a search should get you the presentation.

Ken

Kenneth Wyatt
Wyatt Technical Services LLC
Woodland Park, CO
k...@emc-seminars.com<mailto:k...@emc-seminars.com>
www.emc-seminars.com<http://www.emc-seminars.com>
(Sent from my iPad)

On Mar 7, 2013, at 11:18 PM, Bill Owsley