From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org]On Behalf Of McInturff,
Gary
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:18 PM
To: 'EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG'
Subject: so what does a DoC look like for a subassembly that isn't usable on
its own?

Does one just state there are no requirements at this level on the DoC, do
they reference the appropriate directives for safety and EMC for the final
product.
We custom design bits and pieces for end customers in EU, and we keep
dancing around this issue both for ITE and medical devices. It might have a
digital clock but no way to measure emissions until it's in the final
enclosure. The end user would then do some final declarations and issue
DoC's.

We make RoHS and WEEE statements but those are not currently part of our DoC
for EU
 Just what does a DoC for a rock look like if I wanted to ship it?

Gary McInturff
Reliability/Compliance Engineer

Esterline Interface TechnologiesFeaturing
ADVANCED INPUT, GAMESMAN, LRE MEDICAL, and MEMTRON  products
600 W. Wilbur Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, ID  83815-9496
Toll Free: 800-444-5923 X1XXX
Tel:  (208) 635-8