From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Carl Newton
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:02 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: emcl...@gmail.com
Subject: Grandfathered ETSI standards for CE Marking?

Group,

I'm in a debate with a lab and a manufacturer that insist that a R&TTE device
doesn't need to be re-evaluated against a new revision standard when the
previous is withdrawn.

ETSI EN 300 228 V1.7.1 loses the presumption of conformity in 2014 (December I
think).  Customer is installing a ZigBee component within his ITE device and
wishes to apply the ZigBee transceiver compliance to his device.   I've argued
that revision V1.8.1 which is listed in the OJ must be applied after the DoW.
Both the ZigBee component manufacturer and the test lab involved argue that
once a device is "certified" that retesting is not necessary.

I've double-checked the Blue Guide and I believe that their interpretation is
not correct and that after the DoW the current revision listed in the OJ must
be stated on the DoC.   Safety in numbers, looking for a sanity check here.

Thanks,

Carl

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html