I agree with John (as I usually do).

We purchased an electronic device a few years ago in the US and it came is a
bag of snap-on ferrite beads and instructions to what cables they had to be put
on; even though not all the cables were provided. For instance, if I used a USB
printer then one of the beads where to go on the USB cable.

I have seen instructions for electronic devices that require the customer to
purchase shielded I/O cables. I've even seen where shielded Ethernet cables are
required (usually short jumper cables between server and switch).

I used to work for a PC company and the rule was No Ferrite Beads on I/O cables
because Marketing says it gives the appearance of a low quality product, but
today is not unusual to see two or three cables on your PC with molded ferrite
beads.

What more can be expected from any company than to provide the means and
instructions to their customer on how to setup and use the product so it is
compliant to the FCC regulations?

IMHO

The Other Brian