Indeed... the protection scheme that passes Safety, causes the system to 'fail
safe'  which does not meet the EMC immunity requirements.
The previous 'remove the protection from the circuit for the hi-pot test' seem
to have been removed. Now the IGBT's serve to cause the fuse to go open, which
is fine for the Safety guys.