From: Crane, Lauren [mailto:lauren.cr...@kla-tencor.com]
Sent: 02 December 2013 15:58
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Declaration of Conformity

Perhaps discussion of DoI vs. DoC is getting tangled. A DoI is a concept
only available to the MD, and because it is related to a machine that is
partly complete, it must include a list of the MD Annex I essential heath
and safety requirements that have been applied and fulfilled. The assumption
being that some have not been fulfilled because the machine is only partly
completed.

In my experience, people often misunderstand the fine point details
associated with partly completed machinery declarations because they are not
necessarily aligned with common sense. Download the MD guide and give it a
read.
http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/mechanical/files/machinery/guide-appl
-2006-42-ec-2nd-201006_en.pdf

Regards,