The issue with some 60664 tables is that it is (for 0 to 2km) based on
Paschen's Law, which is for a simple homogenous e-field. So creepage via RMS is
an incomplete analysis.

As others have stated, spacing should be determined by both peak and RMS. And
because too many do not measure WV correctly, I strongly suggest reading papers
and articles by P. Perkins and R. Nute on this subject, and ”The physical
fundamentals of low-voltage insulation co-ordination” by Klaus Stimper.

In a very nutty shell, you need to determine the following for the intended
end-use environment:
 - OV category
 - CTI of materials
 - pollution degree
 - atmospheric chemistry
 - frequency-based di-electric heating
 - WV for the complete range of rated operating conditions

Have rejected more than one component mfr's CB reports due to incorrect
interpretations of IEC60664 and calculations of 'RMS' (am looking at you people
in NRTLs/SCCs/NBs). Finally, the OP indicated that "Creepage is based on the
RMS value of the voltage so is based on 1120 V", which indicates a reference a
particular safety standard. What does that standard say about WV measurements
for the determination of spacing and test voltages ?

Brian