From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 12:54 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Multiple power sources

In message
<f3d590e5d0f24f56b4539e9d93d57...@bn1pr08mb059.namprd08.prod.outlook.com>
, dated Tue, 1 Jul 2014, "Nyffenegger, Dave"
<dave.nyffeneg...@bhemail.com> writes:

>Does this mean for a machine with two incoming supplies (separated by
>some distance) a nameplate containing the ratings for both power
>supplies needs to be on both nameplates adjacent both supplies?  Or
>only the rating for the supply adjacent the nameplate should be on the
>nameplate (each nameplate would have the rating for one supply)?  Seems
>like the former.

It appears that the standard does not consider the case of multiple supplies in
this clause (if at all). So you have to consider what to do and document your
decision in the safety assessment document.

If you can put everything about both supplies on both nameplates, you could
hardly be criticized.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk Quid
faciamus nisi sit?