In message <b410eae1-379c-43c4-a9a8-e6e6bff18...@gmail.com>, dated Sat, 2 Aug 2014, Scott Xe <scott...@gmail.com> writes:

Although your given reference is for EMC Directive,

Sorry about that: this list is mostly about EMC and I remembered at the beginning that your post was LVD, but I forgot later.

I assume it is identical with LV Directive.

You cannot safely assume ANY correspondence between the EMC Guide and the LVD Guide. But the principle cited in the EMC Guide comes from 'above' in the Commission, so whether it is in the LVD Guide in the same terms or not doesn't matter. See clause 18, page 12 of the 2007 LVD Guide (mod Jan 2012):

A harmonised standard can be used to provide a presumption of conformity at the moment of the first national publication of the standard according to Article 5, second paragraph, and in this regard the listing in the Official Journal of the EU is only for information, in accordance with Article 5, third paragraph.

The Official Journal also contains the date of cessation of
presumption of conformity of the superseded standard, which is considered to be the date beyond which a harmonised standard is no longer considered to be up to date in the light of technological progress and the developments in good engineering practice in safety matters (Article 5, second paragraph). In this regard the listing therefore provides the definitive text
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
Quid faciamus nisi sit?

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>