From: Doug Powell [mailto:doug...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 10:06 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Misuse mains cordset

In recent years many standards have been adding risk assessment to their
requirements. A part of this is all about foreseeable misuse.   That said I do
not feel it is appropriate for a manufacturer to "police" every action if the
end user.   You best bet may be to mitigate by saying something along the lines
of "not for use for any other purpose..."

Thanks, - doug

Douglas Powell
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougp01