And, in that case, what would you suggest might be done about improving the
situation?

John Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: John Allen [mailto:john_e_al...@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 16 January 2015 21:28
To: 'John Woodgate'; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [PSES] safety distances in DC/DC

John

Thanks,  and that's all probably true (especially the language issue), but
surely the issue is that the definitions of safety-relating earthing and the
relevant insulation requirements should be pretty basic (not "BASIC", as in
"BASIC INSULATION") and consistent, is it not?

If that scenario is not the case, then the whole underlying concept of the
"basic" safety requirements in international standards being "common"
could be very severely undermined?

John Allen