We received compliant test reports issued by accredited test houses from the
suppliers.  Looking at the test results, the product actually constructed as
class II as the insulation resistance is greater than 4 M ohms, the dielectric
strength test at 3,000 Vac and no test for earth continuity.  The accessible
metal part is the secondary output of external power supply.  The EPS is housed
in a fully sealed plastic box. It is qualified to be class II as per 2.6.2.
However the product is classified as class I on the front page of the test
report.

The mains input is employed a 3-core mains cordset and 3-pin detachable
connectors on one side of mains cord and the other side of main unit.  Only
this section may meet 2.6.1 but the earth path ends at the mains inlet of main
unit due to earth pin is left unconnected.  Probably it is a challenge to the
test houses to determine class II and thus class I.  The unit itself should
meet the safety requirements but constructed abnormally.

Scott