Let me figuratively add fuel to the fire. There is a Kickstarter campaign for a
new DIY USB cover
plate<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snappower/snappower-charger-a-usb-charger-in-a-coverplate-no?ref=nav_search>.
 The FAQ near the bottom of the page promises that the product will be UL
Listed before it ships. The company has a similar product that provides
lighting on the cover plate<http://www.snappower.com/snaprays-guidelight/>
which is UL
Listed<http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/showpage.html?name=QBSA.E357628&ccnshorttitle=Illuminated+Cover+Plates+for+Flush-mounted+Wiring+Devices&objid=1083127845&cfgid=1073741824&version=versionless&parent_id=1079291868&sequence=1>.

This appears to simplify the installation process for the do it yourself
installer. However, the design is particular to one of the more common types of
outlets used in North America. I don't see an easy way to adapt this design to
the various types of outlets used outside of North America. The small size of
the electronics housing might not be large enough if the creepage and clearance
distances need to be increased for 240 VAC input.

This email message and attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message and attachments.