From: Doug Nix [mailto:d...@ieee.org]
Sent: 19 November 2015 16:28
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] 3 phase 408V in EU and Emissions Classification

Carl,

An apartment complex is a shared low-voltage distribution network, and would be
viewed as Class B.

The concern is that conducted emissions from one user will affect equipment in
another user’s premises, since there is no attenuation by the substation
equipment and the intervening MV distribution network as would occur between
two large factories, for example.

So your gear will definitely need to meet Class B limits, or only be installed
by special permission of the local authority having jurisdiction.

Doug Nix
d...@ieee.org
+1 (519) 729-5704