From: Bill Owsley <000000f5a03f18eb-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:21:02 +0000
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] Current probe for CM currents

Ok, so call me lazy, real lazy !
clamp on your probe, measure a number, and then work to reduce that number
by twice what is needed to meet the limit, then re-test.
Repeat, if necessary.
The really big trick in this process is knowing how to reduce the measured
number of the problem that has shown up.  Sucks to be you.
ps. I have used that same technique for years.  It works really well when
done with relative measurements.
pps. a couple of products needed more than halving the number measured at
the beginning.
ppps. correct fixes usually kill the problem, not just reduce it.  But there
are exceptions.

List rules:     http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Jim Bacher  <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>