If you can measure common mode noise on a cable, you have a problem from the
port !!
Note the world famous Ott's math on this effect in his 1st edition.  Might be
in his 2nd too.

I have used both e-field and h-field (current clamp) at the same time.
We are engineers so figure out how I did that!
And since some of the work is below 30 MHz, I have also added a loop antenna
for a 3rd measurement.
My approach is if I find any emission, locally, near field, bench stuff, that
varies by position over the area of the product, then I have a problem.
E-field scan,using a o'scope probe.  H-field scan usually using a personally
built small loop, and any other sort of scan, conducted or radiated, that I can
make up at the moment.
I work for a homogeneous field in the scans over the area of the product.
My assumption is that if I find a homogeneous field, then there are no or low
emission gradients which can equate to a field at a distance.  So get creative,
and redundant, by different methods for measuring the emissions.
Ironic, I am good at mashing all emissions, and then they hand me an
intentional radiator and ask that I don't kill the fundamental.  What ?  You
mean I have to pick what to mash, and what not to mash?
Ok, so I caught on quick enough to keep the job.

ps. I suffer from not being able to use a leaky enclosure.  I don't get any
shielding for the products.
Cable shielding that is bogus terminated, but at the low frequencies of
interests, it works.
Then I have to deal with the higher frequencies, the harmonics !!!Plastic
covers and pcb and cables up to 15 KW or more of digital BS to make an analog
signal.
And then 'normal' digital signals for the ADC circuits all in the middle of
this.
Management is like, we have done it this way for over 25 years and so we are
not changing it now.
It works (I have to make it work) so don't change anything.  Sucks to be me -
but I do like a challenge.