From: Scott Xe [mailto:scott...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:16 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG<mailto:EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] Latest OJEU

Hi Charlie,

Do the existing NBs for R&TTED need to re-apply for RED?  Where to get the list
of NBs specific for RED?

Regards,

Scott

On 3 May 2016, at 3:08 AM, Charlie Blackham
<char...@sulisconsultants.com<mailto:char...@sulisconsultants.com>> wrote:

The RED is different to the other changing directives in that its scope and
technical content are also changed from R&TTE.

The 2014 versions of LVD and EMC state that HS lists for previous directives
may be used and will provide a presumption of conformity – reference/citation
on page 12 of  :  Guidance document on the Low Voltage Directive transition
from 2006/95/EC to
2014/35/EU<http://ec.europa.eu/DocsRoom/documents/13141/attachments/1/translations/en/renditions/native>

For the RED, only HS listed for RED provide a presumption of conformity, and if
the applicable article 3.2 one is not listed when you want to apply it then you
will have to wait or use an NB. That might be “not acceptable” to some people,
but currently that is the situation and one that may not change.

There is only one NB currently listed for the RED, but this is viewed as a
mistake as the commission should have listed all (those that are accredited) at
the same time. In any case, no RED NB opinions can be issued until 13th June.

Since the RED guidance is not yet available as a draft, I would advise sticking
with R&TTE (or LVD/EMC) for a while longer.

Regards
Charlie